If you’re interested in visual effects, computer graphics, animation, digital cinema, virtual and augmented reality or gaming, then VIEW 2020 is the place for you. This year, VIEW Conference goes entirely virtual, expanding its programme around the world by streaming every one of its 125 sessions online, making it a truly global event. What’s more, registration for the conference is absolutely free.
Celebrating its 21st anniversary in 2020, VIEW Conference will continue to focus on exploring the increasingly fluid boundary between real and digital worlds, through inspirational keynote speeches, in-depth masterclasses, lectures, screenings, presentations and much more.
The 21st International VIEW Conference takes place 18-23 October 2020 in Turin, Italy. Visit the VIEW Conference website for more details and to register free.
VIEW 2020 Updates
- “Tenet” Secrets and More Unveiled at VIEW Conference
- VIEW Conference 2020 – Free Access to all Sessions Online
- Dennis Muren at VIEW 2020
- From “Moana” to “Raya and the Last Dragon”
- VIEW 2020 stages free online event with “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” co-director Peter Ramsey
- Pixar Co-Founder Dr. Ed Catmull Delivers Keynote at VIEW 2020
- VIEW 2020 – Preview
VIEW Conference Videos
I’m creating a raft of short video stings to help spread the word about VIEW 2020. Here’s a brief selection:
VIEW Conference Archive
Enjoy this selection of interviews I conducted for Cinefex at VIEW Conference in previous years.
- Rob Bredow, head of ILM – Solo: A Fusion of Creativity and Technology
- Dennis Muren, creative director, ILM – Still Playing it Unsafe
- Geoffrey Baumann, VFX supervisor – Collaboration and the Making of Black Panther
- John Gaeta, creative strategist – Entering the Magicverse Age
- David Vickery, VFX supervisor – Capturing Reality with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- Matt Aitken, VFX supervisor – Face to Face with Thanos at Weta Digital
- Jay Worth, VFX supervisor – Sharing a Unique Vision
- Florian Gellinger, co-founder, RISE – Marvel, Barbecues, and the Future of German Cinema
- Dadi Einarsson, co-founder RVX – Making Waves with Adrift
- Thomas Schelesny, VFX supervisor – Image Engine and Game of Thrones
- Trent Claus, VFX supervisor – De-Aging Characters for Marvel Studios
- Guy Williams – Gemini Man and the History of Digital Characters at Weta Digital
- Hal Hickel, animation supervisor – The Role of the Animation Supervisor at ILM